Monday, May 2, 2011

Age and Learning!

I wish I had paid more attention while I was in school, to the little things like, How to study, how to pay attention in class and how to do homework!

I guess going to a high school that looked like a castle, always made me feel a little like a princess.  (A.C.Davis Sr. High, Yakima, WA)  And as a princess always felt as though my wonderful High School years were for making fond memories.

Of course as an adult I would never have to take more classes...However, being a Realtor I am required to have several CE credits a year.  I hate having to take the classes at the last minute, so I am taking 7 hours this week!  Now, I wonder, what is the difference, a crunch now or in a year?  I am recommitting myself to learn all I can about the industry I love and work in.  Have to admit, I actually look forward to taking classes now.

As I am approaching my 60th birthday this fall, High School seems like yesterday, one day and a million years ago the next.  I loved those years!  But I also find I am really enjoying where I am at now.  There are always new crossroads, new paths to take and new ideas to discover.  Only difference now is I have experience to help guide.

So, thought to take away?  Life is a class every day!  We have experiences to give us memories to look back on, and "what ifs" to have wishful thoughts about.  Fill your life with memories, and not with "What ifs!"

No comments: