My niece, Cindy, posted this on FaceBook today: Total rainfall for Seattle in the month of May.... 3.09 and thats a wet month for them. Over an inch more than normal. Total rainfall for Salt Lake.... 4.76 and 5.14 at the airport. HA Seattle.. we beat you!! Wait thats not an area I even want to compete in.I have lived in Seattle and currently live just a little south of Salt Lake. As I have stated before I have also lived in England, so why does this year of no spring bug me? Because! I love driving through the mountains, Oops, can't do that, there is still snow on the Alpine Loop. I had started a tradition of Climbing Mt. Timpanogos for Mothers day...Not this year, here it is June in a couple of days and yep, you guessed it, Timp is still closed due to Snow.
Woke up this morning to a text message from a friend of mine in Salt Lake, Simply said, "Snow, Really?" Yes, really. So my rantings today are just because I love 70 -79 degree weather and Spring is supposed to be the best season of the year, but this year, it decided to skip over us!
So, I went out today to clean up the flower beds in my yard, got few new plants, some more bark and life is good. Except, I wore my gardening gloves, not just to protect my hands but to keep them WARM! What the Heck?
The 3 beds I worked on look great, one of my favorite reasons to work outside is the little bit of sun you get to get that nice spring glow...Not so much! Weeding was easier, the poor little guys are staying below the surface to stay warm! And the best part, is that prices were really slashed at Home Depot on Gardening supplies, no one has been able to work outside yet.
We always have just a few cute outside signs and plaques, But today, we got so ticked at the little "Welcome Spring" sign that we took it down and put it in the attic and brought out the 4th of July decorations. Thought what the heck? We really have no idea what time of the year it is anyway! Should probably get out the Christmas Decorations and just ignore the whole Spring and Summer lie.Ok, enough is enough! thought for tonight? Don't have one! Bah! Humbug!

No comments:
Post a Comment