Construction cones have become a way of life here in Utah! I think it is impossible to travel anywhere in Utah county without playing dodge ball with a barrier. Yes, I am fully aware that this is to improve our way of life. To help our traveling, However, does it really have to be every street in the county? And the freeway? That is a whole other problem. If you are not dodging cones, you are dodging temporary traffic change signs, and cement walls that weren't there yesterday.Tonight we were driving home from my sons home, and it is raining really hard. No big deal, I have lived in Seattle and England, so driving in rain is second nature, except in Utah! For what ever reason, painting the lines on the road with florescent white paint would be too expensive. I felt like I was driving with a dozen other drivers who also had no idea where the lanes began and where they end.
For the first time that I can remember, I drove past my exit on the freeway, couldn't see it for lack of lane paint and just plain too many construction cones. I am now back home, getting ready to go to bed, and when I get up in the morning, I thoroughly expect to find detour signs on my road, telling me I can't get anywhere from here.Maybe I am tired, or maybe a little grumpy, or Maybe I am just sick of not knowing what road to take tomorrow!
Thought for tonight? Progress is sometimes a pain in the rear, but eventually it will improve someones life. I hope!

No comments:
Post a Comment