Thoughts for tonight run rampant. I was teasing about all the junk food that had come into the house today. It is always fun to poke a little bit of playful fun, when I was brought back to a reality check. The familiar voice on the phone reminded me of what really matters. He has always known how to put things in perspective for me. "What does it matter? Does it really matter what we look like at our age? We are not 17 & 18 any more, even though we shouldn't let ourselves go completely, isn't okay to have an Oreo sometimes?"Fine! Point well taken. I like having a sassy look every once in a while, I like at least attempting to stay healthy, but really...What are my favorite parts of life? I love my Children! They are like the frosting in a double stuffed Oreo. Yes, they have children of their own, but they are ultimately and eternally mine. I love looking back on my week and knowing that I have talked to each of them this week. For the most part, they have called me.
I have Jonathan, who is the thinker and no one worries more than him. He is my first born, my light. He was a momma's boy, and I hope when I am gone, he will always remember how much I loved him. Jonathan, will always twist the Oreo apart before eating.
Then comes my Jason! Always a fun thing to do next, always a spiritual giant. When I look at him I see what I should have been. He likes to entertain everyone and does it well. When he eats an Oreo, it will always be 4 at a time, because, no one is entertained with someone eating just one~
Then my girls, Kaylene. Probably the closest to me as an adult. I had to laugh this week as she told me a story of one of her neighbors said, "I would have loved to have known you at 16!" In true Kaylene fashion, she responded, "You're looking at me, I haven't changed." To this I would say, in many ways you haven't, but in still more ways you have. You are matured into a woman of Spirit, and love. You have become the woman I dreamed for you, before you were born. Kaylene will take a handful of Oreo's to watch something on TV, and then after everyone is in bed absent mindedly will eat another handful while writing her Blog tonight.
Kerilyn, my lover of all. There has never been an animal or person that she didn't think she could fix. She truly learned at a young age the principle of unconditional love. If I could afford to, I would buy her family a ranch on 100 acres, just so she could collect as many animals as she would want. She is becoming a woman of love. What more could we ask? Kerilyn will make a stack of Oreo's and eat all the centers out first and then, maybe finish the cookie.
Then my baby, Kathleen, named after the cousin that I am eternally a part of. Kathleen is softness, and kindness. She may not always agree in the beginning, but she lets the spirit speak to her mind and she will always find the right path. She is my strength on hard days, she has touch the eternities. Kathleen, will eat 1 Oreo to be polite and possible another if the mood hits.
Then, not last but only my child by Gift, her mother shares her with me because we both love her. Kristina, she has always walked her on path and has always asked why? What is there not to love about a woman who has raised two wonderful children by herself. She is on a path to learn everything she can, and she will. Kristy? She will only eat regular Oreo's there is just too much frosting on the double stuffs!
So tonight, I am thankful for my Children, who gave me their spouses to love, and grandchildren, to adore. I am thankful for friends that help me to understand who I am and what is important. And the thought for tonight... Sometimes, it's okay to eat a double stuff Oreo Cookie! As long as you appreciate the creamy frosting! Night...

1 comment:
I am so blessed to have you as a mother! I am definitely a better person because of you! Not only am I blessed, but so are my children! I love you, Mom, and am thankful each and every day, because of you!
Post a Comment